Monday, September 1, 2008

I am a victim of Swagger

I just came back from a really nice date and somewhere during the middle of this really nice date I realized 2 things.
1) Nice guys don't finish last but they are sort of like the person who came in after Bolt in olympics.
2) I am really only attracted to men with swag.

I have had this conversation with many of my friends and when we disect it down to why we are attracted to no good men, the common denominator is SWAG!!! Swag is not a look, it comes in all shapes, sizes and shades, its an attitude, an aura. It is the ability to make your presence known without having to say anything. Or the ability to make other people want to know what is about you that makes you walk with your shoulders back and your head up and look people dead in the eyes. I'd like to think I have a little swag myself, I am the Diddy of my own life. Maybe that is why tonight I had to accept that I am a swaggaholic.

Tonight I sat across from a really nice guy so in this story we will call him NICE. There were some things about Nice that I knew weren't going to fly. His pants were high waters, so that was already a sign because men with swag do not flood. Then there was the cotton polo. Nice guys wear their shirt with a little bend in the collar sort of like our fathers, men with swag keep those collars crisp and razor sharp. Nice guys buy buicks, swagger dudes buy motorcycles.

To let you in on this apiphany I had I have to make you aware that there is a particular person that has driven me to start a Swaggaholics Anonymous support group. We will call him SWAG. So I had to decide the other day that I couldn't deal with SWAG anymore because it wasn't healthy. I figure that will be pretty easy because it seems like I do most of the communicating. But in true swag form, I think he could sense that I was on a date because in the middle of my date with Nice I get a text from Swag. So from that point on I can't even really focus on Nice because I'm thinking about how to respond to Swag. In fact I was ready to end the outing with NICE at that moment in order to have a text convo with SWAG. This is ludicrous!!!!!

So basically I walked away from the date realizing that I am a victim of swag and those women out there like me need to come together and figure out how to let go of the swagger and let in nice!!! For the one person that reads this if you have any suggestions let me know.

No comments: