Thursday, July 24, 2008

Fake Deepism

So one of the things I love about my friends it that they are secretely brilliant. One of the interesting things about my friends is that we have deep conversations at the most ignorant vocabulary level. Like to the average onlooker our conversations look no different than the conversations of those chillin on corners talking smack about sports and who is finer Beyonce or Kelly, Boris or Shemar. Its just what we discuss that is different. Because I am used to having conversations on about a 3rd grade gutter english level, fake deepism drives me crazy. I hate when people try to initiate a conversation with convoluted language or try to be thought provoking. If you are bright and have insight people will know, you don't have to attempt to sound smart. When my sister calls I answer the phone; what up nig, not hello sibling how is your day going. So don't ask me if I feel like the CNN special will bring about change in black america or will we continue with the status quo.
Ask my simple ass will this special matter and I will tell you no because only middle class black folks that have cable watched that special, so there is no thought provoking there.

And maybe I am just stupid and that is why I want you to talk to me like a regular person. Or maybe I have nothing to prove.

No comments: