Thursday, June 19, 2008

Why do you look away????

So here in the KC area there is a crap ton of miscegenation which for those that didn't score too high on the Verbal SATs means combination of race. It sort of took me off guard when I first moved here, but now after year four it is so common place I don't even notice, EXCEPT. I have noticed that when black men are walking with their partners from another race they always divert their eyes. Why do they avoid making eye contact?
Do they think I am going to scowel? A
Are they afraid that their chick will see the longing in theirs eyes?

One thing I have realized is that many non black women that date black men might act big and bad but they subconciously worry that the queen is what their men truly long for. Anyway I am diverging. I really would like to know why they look away. The best is when you are in a place and a black man will walk in alone, you will look and him and he will then look down and I sit and ponder, what the hell is wrong with him? Does he have low self esteem? Is my boob hanging out? Then a few minutes later the answer will be revealed to me when their "other" comes in and she doesn't look like Tyra, she looks like Heidi.

I guess the way I feel about is, if your gonna do it why be concerned with others opinions. I have been on a few outings with white boys, most totally platonic and I am always amused by the reactions. I look black dudes right in their face as I sit with "the oppressor." Even though I know in my mind that there is not a cold chance in hell I would date the person I am with, I enjoy the reactions.

Just a random thought again from the coffee shop where I should be studying.

No comments: