Saturday, July 5, 2008

Chris Rock is Brilliant!!!!

This isn't a review about the Chris Rock show I just saw because we all know without question Chris Rock will not disappoint. He said something that was a total revelation to me. He was talking about interacial relationships and how black women hate to see black men with white girls. I was sitting in my chair thinking oh lawd what ignorant mess it about to come out of his mouth, but what he said to me was soooo true and I didn't even realize it.
The reason it makes black women so mad, that black men are attracted to white women isn't because we have such a sense of loyalty to the black man its because for the most part;

BLACK WOMEN AREN"T ATTRACTED TO WHITE MEN.


Light bulb. HE is SOOO Right.

Men in general are equal opportunity, if you are somewhat cute and willing a man will partake. You have to be like the finest white boy on the block just to get a look from most black chicks. I took a gander for about 3 seconds with this white dude and he was FINE!!!! One of those built, protein shake eating types and as fine as he was I can say I am not that attracted to him. He doesn't come close to turning me on like my slightly overweight ex or the much shorter black as night dude I messed with recently. My question is:

WHY AREN'T WE ATTRACTED?

Why are we limiting ourselves to only black men, or at the very least brown?

I have a friend that perpetually dates white dudes and I mean pure white and found myself just disgusted by the thought of it. None of these dudes are even slightly attractive and when she talks about them sexually I literally want to throw up. She just has broader horizons, she isn't boxed into looking for just black men which I guess is good. I just love chocolate skin and want nothing else and I guess we black women have always taken the fact black dudes dating white girls as a lack of love for brown ones, Chris Rock made me realize they just take all, and especially whats easy. So maybe we should start doing the same.

But its going to have to start with you cause I loves me a brotha.

Out

No comments: